Nursing accreditation Info for EKG / ECG Interpretation Explained Clearly
Medical and Nursing professionals, particularly those working in the emergency department, critical care, and inpatient hospital setting.
Understand the electrical activity represented on EKG paper that allows the heart to beat and cycle blood through our bodies. You'll learn cues to notice abnormal findings in a systematic way.
Dr. Seheult will be your step by step mentor: reinforcing key cardiac physiology, explaining abnormal findings and how they develop in the first place, the appearance of a normal EKG, and a clinical perspective of EKG nuances, scenarios, and rare findings.
Quiz questions after each video reinforce essential concepts, and the course concludes with nine practice EKGs that Dr. Seheult systematically interprets.
As a result of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the relevant anatomy and physiology of the heart and nervous system as it relates to the ECG.
- Understand EKG leads, vectors, and specifics of EKG paper.
- Understand each component of the EKG tracing (waves, complexes, and intervals).
- Define rate, automaticity, and the R to R interval.
- Understand arrhythmias, escape rhythms, premature beats, pauses, and tachyarrhythmias.
- Identify V-tach, Torsades de Pointes, flutter, fibrillation, and heart blocks. Torsades de Pointes, flutter, fibrillation, and heart blocks.
- Identify bundle branch blocks, axis abnormalities, hypertrophy and chamber enlargement.
- Understand infarction and ischemia, and the manifestations on an ECG.
- Identify hemiblocks and rare findings such as digoxin toxicity.
- Apply understanding of the ECG to identify a normal ECG tracing.
Course Completion Certificate
Upon completion of the course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and registered nurse license number (or other identification number), and we will email your certificate within seven days (usually sooner!)
Roger Seheult M.D. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP16824, for 10 contact hours.
We are happy to provide a full refund for cancellations requested within the first two hours after purchasing the course.