RECOGNIZE AND TREAT HYPERTENSIVE URGENCIES AND EMERGENCIES WITH CONFIDENCE
An elevated blood pressure can be an "urgency" or true emergency. What are the initial steps and how does a clinician differentiate between the two? What treatment steps should be taken (and over what amount of time)? This high yield course will break down the essentials of hypertensive crises in classic MedCram fashion.
Unfortunately, many physicians, PAs, NPs, RTs, and other clinicians make common interpretation mistakes - and do not understand the nuances of how to recognize and treat hypertensive crises.
Join renowned professor Roger Seheult, MD as he concisely explains the key components of the hypertensive crisis that you need to know... from managing hypertension effectively in the clinic to the ICU setting.
After this series of short videos and quizzes, you'll be on your way to effectively managing hypertensive crises and save time in the process.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Clinicians (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN, RTs) and students in a variety of specialties that treat hypertension.
WHO IS THE INSTRUCTOR?
Dr. Roger Seheult is trusted by Universities, clinicians, and students for his ability to illustrate key concepts so they are understood, not memorized...
...and clear understanding leads to mastery of hypertensive urgencies and emergencies. Learn more about Dr. Seheult.
WHAT YOU'll RECEIVE FROM THIS COURSE:
- A clear understanding of how to efficiently recognize hypertensive urgencies and emergencies
- How to manage and treat hypertensive crises, and what level of treatment the patient should receive (clinic vs. hospital vs. ICU)
- A clinical perspective of hypertensive crises nuances, pitfalls, and patterns
- Quick quiz questions to reinforce core concepts and help you study
- 1 year of unlimited access on up to 3 devices
Start watching now (the first video is free and at the top of this page) and move towards mastery of hypertensive crises!
- Hypertensive Crisis: Definition and Overview free trial
- Quiz 1
- Hypertensive Crisis: Goals and Treatment
- Quiz 2
- Hypertensive Crisis: Specific Causes
- Quiz 3
- Hypertensive Crisis: Summary
- Quiz 4
ALEX ROBERTS, Paramedic
SUSAN BRESNAHAN, RN
PRIYA VARGHESE, NP
KURT LAUENSTEIN, MD
ANDREAS MARKOVITZ, MD
SUSAN JAMISON, RN
EDUARDO BALBONA, MD
PATRICIA BARRETT, NP
Very concise and informative