UNDERSTAND DNR CODE STATUS & PALLIATIVE CARE IN THE ICU SETTING
What you'll receive from this course:
- The key aspects of full code status (CPR, ACLS, shock, intubation, vasopressors)
- Potential complications of full code procedures vs palliative care
- DNR/DNI (Do not resuscitate / Do not intubate)
- Tips for presenting advance directive options to patients and family members
- Terminal weaning & palliative care in the ICU
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek to better understand DNR status and palliative care in the ICU
- DNR: Definitions, Pillar Analogy Introduction
- DNR: The Process of a Terminal Extubation
JULIE BROYLES, MD
NIKOLAY KOLEV, MD
LANNY CAMPBELL, MD
ROBERT GARRETT, MD
YURIY K, MD
Clear and concise explanation of a difficult and sensitive topic.
YVONNE BOWERS, PA-C
SILPA KATTA, MD
SUAD KACAR, RN
DANHONG YANG, RN
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio