INTERESTED IN MAKING ULTRASOUND PART OF YOUR CLINICAL PRACTICE?
Renowned instructor Dr. Jacquet illustrates core ultrasound concepts in a way that you willunderstand and remember.
What you'll receive from this course:
- A clear understanding of the physics of ultrasound waves & and how they react in tissue
- An overview of ultrasound transducers and what they're used for
- Key ultrasound terminology, orientation, imaging planes, and biosafety
- Step by step illustrations of the nobs, dials, and modes of an ultrasound machine ("knobology")
- Examples of various ultrasound artifacts that impact ultrasound images
- How to handle an ultrasound transducer and set up the machine for your first ultrasound exam
- Quiz questions after each video to reinforce essential concepts
- 1 year of unlimited access, so you can review videos as needed (all MedCram courses are mobile/tablet friendly)
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek clinical/ point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) to become a part of their practice.
For those new to ultrasound, this course provides an excellent foundation prior to participating in hands-on training of specific exam techniques.
For those with prior ultrasound experience, this course provides a focused review of the core concepts needed to advance skills and understanding.
Interview with Dr. Jacquet on the benefits of clinical ultrasound & who's using it:
- Video 1: Introduction, Physics of Ultrasound Waves free trial
- Video 1 Quiz free trial
- Video 2: Physics of Ultrasound in Tissue
- Video 2 Quiz
- Video 3: Ultrasound Transducers
- Video 3 Quiz
- Video 4: US Orientation and Imaging Planes
- Video 4 Quiz
- Video 5: US Terminology & Biosafety
- Video 5 Quiz
- Video 6: US “Knobology” Part 1
- Video 6 Quiz
- Video 7: US “Knobology” Part 2
- Video 7 Quiz
- Video 8: Handling the US Transducer, US Modes (B- & M-)
- Video 8 Quiz
- Video 9: US Modes (C- & D-)
- Video 9 Quiz
- Video 10: US Artifacts Part 1
- Video 10 Quiz
- Video 11: US Artifacts Part 2
- Video 11 Quiz
- Video 12: Your First US Exam
- Video 12 Quiz
RAMI SABRI, MD
I am a veterinarian and we are purchasing an ultasound machine for our small animal practice. I have 2 younger colleagues who are familiar with it but I needed to have an introduction and this course was excellent for what I needed to learn! Thank you! Now I can keep up with my young Dr's! :)
It gave me good basic knowledge in understanding the US machine the explanations are very clear and to the point. thank you
JOSE IGNACIO CUAUTLE HERNANDEZ (Medical Student)
FUAD KHAN, MD
ABDULHAMEED ALDABBAGH, MD
JEFF LEUNG, RN
It is very useful and practical for me to understand basic knowledge of the ultrasoud machine, thanks a lt. Any indept course suggestion?
MOHAMMED MAHMOUD, MD
Nice and clear
JOHN CAPOBIANCO, MD
CARY HARRISON, EMT
ALLAMPRABHU PATIL, MD
ARNO ROETERINK, MD
Clear explanations. Sometimes voice less relaxing to listen to, due to pitch.
ALEXANDER ALBA, PA-C
D DD, PA-C
JOSHUA KNOX, PA-C
LUCA TODROS, MD
Dr.Jacquet is an amazing teacher and the course is very helpful and well done. Waiting for a second part on clinical interpretation….
EVA HEINRICHS, MD
DENNIS JONES, PA-C
KATHARINE LASLEY, MD
SUHYUN LEE, MD
NICOLE MCKINNEY, NP
This was a great lecture! Thanks for the content. Would also love more education on FAST scans.
Great review!!! It would be great to have actual US of normal vs. abnormal.
MORGAN BUTCHER (Medical Student)
MYLENE MAZEROLLE, MD
Super helpful course for a new resident who will have to learn how to use ultrasound!
RAFAEL AZUAJE, MD
Excellent course!!! 5 stars. I did a US course long time ago and needed a refresher and this was even better than that.
EXCELLENT BASIC COURSE
LUNA ZHOU, MD
MICHAEL DYCE, MD
LISA HUTCHISON, PA
It was very helpful in reviewing all the basics. As a physician assistant new to interventional Radiology it really gave me much needed basic information about ultrasounds. I would love to see more procedures taught such as thyroid biopsies, paracentesis, thoracentesis...etc.
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ ARCAS, MD
DR KARNAM, MD
Awesome ! well presented and described. Students loved it
Good initial recommendations put in a nutshell
SELENGE BADFAMJAV, MD
ATHER ALI, MD
JUAN SARMIENTO, PA
Excellent program. Very helpful!
ARI RASORI, NP
Way easier than learning ultrasound from a textbook or scattered tips from my colleagues. Thank you!
Learn more about Joshua here