INTERESTED IN MAKING ULTRASOUND PART OF YOUR CLINICAL PRACTICE?
Renowned instructor Dr. Jacquet illustrates core ultrasound concepts in a way that you will understand and remember.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, NPs, PAs, RTs, nurses, & technicians who seek clinical/ point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) to become a part of their practice.
For those new to ultrasound, this course provides an excellent foundation prior to participating in hands-on training of specific exam techniques.
For those with prior ultrasound experience, this course provides a focused review of the core concepts needed to advance skills and understanding.
WHAT YOU'll RECEIVE FROM THIS COURSE:
- An overview of ultrasound transducers and what they're used for
- Key ultrasound terminology, orientation, imaging planes, and biosafety
- Step by step illustrations of the nobs, dials, and modes of an ultrasound machine ("knobology")
- Examples of various ultrasound artifacts that impact ultrasound images
- How to handle an ultrasound transducer and set up the machine for your first ultrasound exam
- Quiz questions after each video to reinforce essential concepts
- 1 year of unlimited access, so you can review videos as needed (all MedCram courses are mobile/tablet friendly)
- Approved for 4 contact hours of Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Start watching now (the first video & quiz is free). This complete course and CME /CE credits are available with MedCram All-Access.
INTERVIEW WITH DR. JACQUET ON THE BENEFITS OF POINT OF CARE ULTRASOUND:
- Introduction: Physics of Ultrasound Waves free trial
- Quiz 1 free trial
- Physics of Ultrasound in Tissue
- Quiz 2
- Ultrasound Transducers
- Quiz 3
- US Orientation and Imaging Planes free trial
- Quiz 4
- US Terminology & Biosafety
- Quiz 5
- US “Knobology” Part 1
- Quiz 6
- US “Knobology” Part 2
- Quiz 7
- Handling the US Transducer, US Modes (B- & M-)
- Quiz 8
- US Modes (C- & D-)
- Quiz 9
- US Artifacts Part 1
- Quiz 10
- US Artifacts Part 2
- Quiz 11
- Your First US Exam
- Quiz 12
- Recommended Readings
Post-Course Quiz (Required for CRCE)
- Post-Course Quiz
Optional: Receiving CRCE Contact Hours for this Course
- Congratulations! Your CRCE Certificate
MORGAN BUTCHER (Medical Student)
ARNO ROETERINK, MD
Clear explanations. Sometimes voice less relaxing to listen to, due to pitch.
TIKEYA KEZ, MD
A very clear and concise basic information on everything about ultrasound. Strongly recommended for beginners to start ultrasound journey. Thanks MedCram Team.
Explained clearly is not enough.It is also splendid and terrific. Thank you,team,you all are marvelous and lovely.
MOHAMMED MAHMOUD, MD
Nice and clear
SHAN VADI, MD
Very useful presentation to understand the basics of U/S. Physician has presented the subject in an elegant and most practical way without confusing the learner and I rate this course excellent and a must for any doctor who wants to improve his clinical skills. Dr.Shan Vadi
RAFAEL AZUAJE, MD
Excellent course!!! 5 stars. I did a US course long time ago and needed a refresher and this was even better than that.
SEPIDEH MOAYED, MD
Excellent and easy to understand approach to the entire gamut of nonvascular US imaging.
Good initial recommendations put in a nutshell
Excellent, concise content with very good images and illustrations
Learn more about Joshua here