FOLLOW THE KEY COVID-19 PANDEMIC DEVELOPMENTS WITH DIGESTABLE VIDEO UPDATES
Note to new visitors: To view the over 70 COVID-19 Updates in this course, you will need to create a free account (it only takes a few seconds).
A novel coronavirus was first reported to the World Health Organization on December 31, 2019. The virus appears to have spread from Wuhan, China and has quickly led to a pandemic.
Dr. Seheult illustrates key developments about COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 pathophysiology, transmission, prevention, treatment options & trials, vaccine advances, data trends, as well as the response from governments, hospitals, and communities.
A lot has changed since we recorded our first video on a novel coronavirus outbreak on January 26, 2020. Please note that each updatevideo was produced with the best information we could access at the time of recording. Some videos were recorded well over a month ago and may contain information that has become outdated or replaced by better information or research.
That said, we believe each video contains concepts that have enduring value, and reviewing how the response to COVID-19 has progressed over time may be of interest to you as well.
We're committed to keeping our COVID-19 videos free for all to access. Please share them with friends and colleagues if you find them helpful.
ALL COVID-19 Update Episodes:
- Introduction - Please Read First
- Coronavirus Outbreak, Transmission, & Pathophysiology
- Symptoms, Treatment, & Vaccine Status
- Update 3: Spread, Quarantine, Projections, and Vaccine Developments
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment
- Update 5: Current Numbers & Mortality Rate vs SARS / Influenza
- Update 6: Asymptomatic Transmission & Incubation Period
- Update 7: Global Health Emergency Declared, Viral Shedding, & Germany Case
- Update 8: Travel Ban, First Death Outside of China, Quarantine, & Opportunistic Infections
- Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission & Recovery vs Death Rate
- Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread, & Prevention
- Update 11: Antiviral Medications, Treatment Trials (Remdesivir, Chloroquine)
- Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, & ACE2 & nCoV
- Update 13: Dr. Li, Dip in Daily Cases, nCoV vs Influenza, & Spread to Canada
- Update 14: Hospital Spread of Infection, WHO Allowed in China, & N-95 masks
- Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, & 24 Day Incubation?
- Update 16: Name Change to COVID-19, Boosting Your Immune Response to Viral Infections
- Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases & Fighting Infections with Sleep
- Update 18: Increase in Deaths, Questions about Asymptomatic Spread, & More Sleep Tips
- Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials, & H1N1 Influenza A
- Update 20: Misinformation, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, & Virus Origins
- Update 21: Antibodies, Case Fatality, Clinical Recommendations, 2nd Infections?
- Update 22: Viral Shedding Without Symptoms, Cruise Quarantine, Asymptomatic Testing
- Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats
- Update 24: Infections in Italy, Transmissibility, COVID-19 Symptoms
- Molecular Biology Primer - How Viruses Work
- Update 25: Vaccine Developments, Italy's Response, and Mortality Rate Trends
- Update 26: Treatment Updates, Stock Markets, Germany & San Francisco, Pandemic?
- Update 27: Testing Accuracy for COVID-19 (CT Scan vs. RT-PCR), New California Cases
- Update 28: Practical Prevention Strategies, Patient Age vs. Case Fatality Rate
- Update 29: Testing problems, mutations, COVID-19 in Washington & Iran
- Update 30: More Global COVID-19 Outbreaks, Vitamin D May Aid Prevention
- Update 31: Mortality Rate, EPA Approved Cleaning Products, A More/Less Severe Virus Strain?
- Update 32: Important Data from South Korea, Can Zinc Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Update 33: COVID-19 Medication Treatment Trials, Global Testing Remains Limited
- Update 34: US Cases Surge, Chloroquine & Zinc Treatment Combo, Italy Lockdown
- Update 35: New Outbreaks & Travel Restrictions, Possible COVID-19 Treatments
- Update 36: Flatten The COVID-19 Curve, Social Distancing, Hospital Capacities
- Update 37: The ACE-2 Receptor - The Doorway to COVID-19 (ACE Inhibitors & ARBs)
- Update 38: How Hospitals & Clinics Can Prepare for COVID-19, Global Cases Surge
- Update 39: Rapid COVID-19 Spread with Mild or No Symptoms, More on Hydroxychloroquine Treatment
- Update 40: Ibuprofen and COVID-19 (Are NSAIDs Safe?), Trials of HIV Medications, Preliminary CDC Fatality Data
- Update 41: Shelter In Place, FDA Investigates Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
- Update 42: Immunity to COVID-19 And Is Reinfection Possible?
- Update 43: Shortages, Immunity, & Can a TB Vaccine (BCG) Help Prevent COVID-19?
- Update 44: Loss of Smell & Conjunctivitis in COVID-19, Is Fever Helpful?
- Update 45: Sharing Ventilators, More on Sleep, Immunity, & COVID-19 Prevention
- Update 46: Can Hot/Cold Therapy (Thermal Regulation) Boost Immunity? More on Hydroxychloroquine
- Update 47: Searching for Immunity Boosters & Possible Lessons From Spanish Flu
- Update 48: Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials
- Update 49: New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes)
- Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19
- Update 51: State by State Projections; Lung Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID-19
- Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?
- Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID-19 Worse?
- Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?
- Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV
- Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses?
- Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can UV-C Disinfect Public Spaces?
- Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion)
- Update 59: Dr. Seheult's Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, Sleep, NAC, Etc.)
- Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19?
- Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress
- Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)?
- Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium?
- Update 64: Remdesivir Treatment Update
- Live Webcast Replay: Key COVID-19 Clinical Updates and Lessons Learned So Far (Recorded April 30, 2020)
- Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors)
- Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs - Hypertension Medications with COVID-19
- Update 67: COVID-19 Blood Clots - Race, Blood Types, & Von Willebrand Factor
- Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19
- Update 69: "NAC" Supplementation and COVID-19 (N-Acetylcysteine)
- Update 70: Glutathione Deficiency, Oxidative Stress, and COVID-19
- Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin
- Update 72: Dentists; Diabetes; Sensitivity of COVID-19 Antibody Tests
- Update 73: Relapse, Re-Infections, & Re-Positives - The Likely Explanation
- Update 74: Vitamin D & COVID 19; Academic Censorship
- Update 75: COVID-19 Lung Autopsies - New Data
- Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19
- Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico
- Live COVID-19 Question / Answer with Dr. Seheult - May 31, 2020
- Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19
- Update 79: 5 Vaccines to Keep An Eye On
- Update 80: Data Questions & Journal Retractions
- Live COVID-19 Question / Answer with Dr. Seheult - June 7, 2020
- Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects and Prevention of COVID-19
- Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D
- Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress
- Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2)
- Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2)
- Update 86: COVID-19 Testing and Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing
- Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last?
- Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK Trial
- Update 89: Infection Rate Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions
- Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Tool
- Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability
- Update 92: COVID-19 & Blood Clots - New Endothelium & Free Radical Research
- Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 - New Data from Spain
- Update 94: COVID-19 Treatment with Inhaled Steroids; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan?
ELIZABETH MCMURRY, Pharmacist
LUCY STOCK, Dentist
SUSAN BRESNAHAN, RN
very clear. ARDS section was particularly good.
THOMAS WHITE, Paramedic
JEFF D CLIFTON
Absolutely and simply brilliant!! An island of subtle and deeply reasoned sanity in our mad mad mad mad world! Thank you very much!
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio