GAIN A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF ACID-BASE DISORDERS IN COVID-19 PATIENTS
Acid-base disturbances are common - especially in patients with severe viral infections such as COVID-19.
The accurate interpretation of lab tests in patients with acid-base problems is key to managing patients in critical condition.
This video series is a collection of previously recorded MedCram videos on ABGs and acid-base disturbances.
This course will remain free, please share it with anyone you think may be interested. We hope you find it helpful, and we welcome feedback.
If you want CME or CEUs for this course, please sign up for one of our All-Access Plans (you'll get access to all MedCram videos and CME for the accredited courses).
WHAT YOU'll RECEIVE FROM THIS COURSE:
- A systematic approach to lab results to spot abnormal acid-base findings and solve acid-base questions
- A clear understanding of the four primary types: metabolic acidosis, respiratory acidosis, metabolic alkalosis, and respiratory alkalosis
- Illustrations of Winter's Formulas, the Anion Gap, Compensation, and the balance involved with Bicarb, Carbon Dioxide, and more
- Hands-on interpretation practice with multiple practice cases. Dr. Seheult will work through these in the video in real-time
- A clinical perspective of acid-base nuances
- Course Introduction
- Definition and Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation
- Bicarb, Carbon Dioxide, and Anion Gap
- Compensation and Acid Base States
- Winter's Formulas and Compensation
- The Method of Solving Acid Base Questions
- Practice Cases Part 1
- Practice Cases Part 2
- Practice Cases Part 3
- Post-Course Quiz
PEDRO GUEVARA, MD
ANCY VARGHESE , NP
LISA REESE, RN
wow. this is alot. i can see that this just requires alot of practice. thank you for such a wonderful presentation. I still don't understand the last question. couldn't even find the answer on google...
LUIS HENRIQQUEZ, MD
DEBRA NOEL, RN
CARLOS AMAYA, MD
It is easy to refresh these concepts in this way, just for the Winter´s formula, I found it little confusing in this way, but for me is a new way to use it.
JULIA KENMUIR, MD
Very beneficial. Great review.
NARU REDDY, MD
I learnt ABG interpretation more than ever before.Thanks
SHUBHAM SINGH, MD
excellent teaching sir
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio