UNDERSTAND DNR CODE STATUS & PALLIATIVE CARE IN THE ICU SETTING
What you'll receive from this course:
- The key aspects of full code status (CPR, ACLS, shock, intubation, vasopressors)
- Potential complications of full code procedures vs palliative care
- DNR/DNI (Do not resuscitate / Do not intubate)
- Tips for presenting advance directive options to patients and family members
- Terminal weaning & palliative care in the ICU
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek to better understand DNR status and palliative care in the ICU
- DNR: Definitions, Pillar Analogy Introduction
- DNR: The Process of a Terminal Extubation
DAVID SCHMIDT, MD
Very good intro on topic. Helps younger learners organize thoughts for family discussions.
SILPA KATTA, MD
BERYLE FRANK, PA-C
BRONESSA FERNANDES, Pharmacist
Simple comprehensive explanation. Thank you
MARCUS WONG, MD
Clear and concise information.
RAMON PEREZ (NP Student)
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio