UNDERSTAND DNR CODE STATUS & PALLIATIVE CARE IN THE ICU SETTING
What you'll receive from this course:
- The key aspects of full code status (CPR, ACLS, shock, intubation, vasopressors)
- Potential complications of full code procedures vs palliative care
- DNR/DNI (Do not resuscitate / Do not intubate)
- Tips for presenting advance directive options to patients and family members
- Terminal weaning & palliative care in the ICU
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek to better understand DNR status and palliative care in the ICU
- DNR Code Status Explained Clearly - Video 1
- DNR Code Status Explained Clearly - Video 2
MARCUS WONG, MD
TAMMY ALVERSON, MD
ESTHER MAYORGA, RN
Concise and clear cut to the point. Reinforced the importance of the healthcare provider's duty to present this information to the patient as well as family so they can make an informed decision about end of life care.
AURORE DIBY CLARK
DAVID SCHMIDT, MD
Very good intro on topic. Helps younger learners organize thoughts for family discussions.
DIANA HAMMACK, NP
Excellent. Clear and succinct discussion of DNR and patient choices. I like that you may turn around and use this verbatim helping families and patients make informed decisions.
As an end stage patient, I appreciate the courage of your convictions. I choose to believe that more of 'us' are less afraid of having them than our families and health care professionals.
THERESA SLADE-MOORE, MD
BRIAN CREGHAN (Medical Student)
another great by this Dr
RAWABI ALAMRI (Medical Student)
DAVID WARREN, MD
MICHELLE EVA MORHOLT (NP Student)
Excellent and thorough. Thank you for emphasis on cultural considerations, patient values, and encouraging Learners to explore ways to provide patients and loved ones specifics regarding the interventions and the side effects. I usually approach the conversation from a perceived values perspective but I will be incorporating the "4 pillars" concept next time. Thank you!
JORDAN PODVAL, MD
DR. SAYED MOHAMMAD
THU DINH, Pharmacist
VALERIE CHANG, PA-C
This is a very important topic. Thank you for explaining how to approach it in such a humane way.
JUAN SARMIENTO, PA
KAMALA RAJOO, RN
Excellent. I work in ICU, this helps give me clear understanding. Thank you.
GAYLE GWOZDZ, NP
Too basic. Not enough information provided. No difficult patient situations or scenarios provided to stimulate the provider's thought process and understanding. This is a FAR more complicated topic than what was discussed. This brief lecture series did not do it justice. This is the only topic which I feel could have been greatly enhance, all the others have been incredible!
THOMAS COLLINS, EMT
RICHARD BENIAN, Dentist
NIKOLAY KOLEV, MD
Clear, concise and informative. Confident and knowledgeable instructor.
DR KARNAM, MD
Good insight as to how far Doctors should go !
SHAWNA FINDING, RN
- Over 20 years teaching experience including: as an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio