UNDERSTAND DNR CODE STATUS & PALLIATIVE CARE IN THE ICU SETTING
What you'll receive from this course:
- The key aspects of full code status (CPR, ACLS, shock, intubation, vasopressors)
- Potential complications of full code procedures vs palliative care
- DNR/DNI (Do not resuscitate / Do not intubate)
- Tips for presenting advance directive options to patients and family members
- Terminal weaning & palliative care in the ICU
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek to better understand DNR status and palliative care in the ICU
- DNR: Definitions, Pillar Analogy Introduction
- DNR: The Process of a Terminal Extubation
SUAD KACAR, RN
FRANCISCO SAYAGO, MD
could of been more extensive. too simple
PRAKASH SHANMUGAM, MD
MARY STATES, NP
TAMMY ALVERSON, MD
DR. SAYED MOHAMMAD
JUAN SARMIENTO, PA
NIKOLAY KOLEV, MD
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio