ARE YOU PREPARED TO DIAGNOSE & TREAT MRSA PNEUMONIA?
Join Dr. Seheult as he concisely explains and illustrates the key concepts of MRSA pneumonia (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus). Understand the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and MRSA treatment guidelines.
WHAT YOU'll RECEIVE FROM THIS COURSE:
- Review of the key differences between MSSA, MRSA, hospital-acquired and community-acquired MRSA
- Understand the key risk factors for MRSA
- Virulence factors that typically make community-acquired MRSA worse than hospital-acquired pneumonia
- CXR (chest x-ray) and CT findings for MRSA pneumonia
- Clinical decision making and diagnosis of MRSA
- Compare Vancomycin and Linezolid for primary treatment options of MRSA pneumonia
- Telavancin pros and cons and how efficacy compares with Vancomycin
- Why a variety of medications may not be ready for primary consideration for MRSA
- Specific treatment considerations for the virulent community-acquired MRSA
- Quiz questions to reinforce core concepts and help you study
- 1 year of unlimited access on up to 3 devices
- Introduction, Resistance Factors, Epidemiology, Risk Factors (Free Trial) free trial
- Quiz 1
- Radiology, Steps of the Work up, Treatment
- Quiz 2
- Treatment Part 2
- Quiz 3
- Case Study
- Quiz 4
Just the right amount (depth) of information.
ATOOSA PURVEYOR, NP
RICHARD BENIAN, Dentist
RON HEBERGER, PA-C
MARKOS VOUTSAS, MD
SONIA ARCHER, Pharmacist
I appreciate the simplicity of the way the course was explained.
RAOOF AHMED, MD
An excellent explination by Dr. Roger. Thank you very much & I hope these case discussion will be continued in systmatic way ,it improve our knowledge & our approach with the patient. Thanks alot again & wish you the best. Yours,Dr. Ahmed Raoof
KACIE BHUSHAN, MD
Outstanding course from start to finish - comprehensive yet concise, very clear in information and citing studies.
DENIZ SOGUT, MD
Thanks again to Dr Seheult for this MRSA video. I appreciate your teaching method - very simple and comprehensible. I am going to buy the medcram partner bundle in a few days. Best regards.
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio