EFFICIENTLY REVIEW THE MOST COMMON PULMONARY DISEASES AND DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES
This video series is designed for clinicians in primary care, emergency medicine, critical care, pulmonology, and many other medical fields that interact with common diseases of the lungs.
Enjoy a high-yield and comprehensive review of: Pulmonary Embolism, Hypoxemia, Pleural Effusion, Pneumonia, Asthma, COPD, Sleep Apnea, Chronic Cough, and Lung Cancer. This course also reviews the use of procedures and interventions such as Pulmonary Function Tests, Chest X-Ray, CT Scan of the Chest, and Mechanical Ventilation.
WHAT YOU'll RECEIVE FROM THIS COURSE:
- Concise explanations of the most common and important pulmonary diseases
- Colorful illustrations and images to clarify key concepts
- A clinical perspective of pulmonary disease nuances, scenarios, and treatment recommendations
- Quiz questions to reinforce core concepts and help you study
- Up to 16 CME credits (category 1), MOC Points, & 16 CE Credits. CME / CE is included & optional (no additional charge!)
- 1 year of unlimited access on up to 3 devices
- Interpretation Basics: Airway and Bone
- Interpretation: Cardiac, Diaphragm, & Lung Fields
- Interpretation: Various Pathology (CHF, Pleural Effusion, Pneumothorax, etc.)
Oxygen Hemoglobin Dissociation Curve
- Oxygen Hemoglobin Dissociation Curve
- Delivery of Oxygen to Tissues
Congratulations! CME Certificate
- Your CME Certificate
This course provides a comprehensive review of common pulmonary diseases including Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Emboli, Pleural Effusions, and more. The course also reviews the use and interpretation of pulmonary diagnostic testing.
The sections included in this course take a departure from the traditional slide presentation style lecture. Instead, the course is comprised of a series of video lectures aided by real-time instructor led chalkboard visuals. This method of learning allows for the subject matter to be broken down to the basics and is designed to increase learning and retention.
As a result of this educational activity, participants should be better able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology of lung diseases and critical pulmonary illnesses and be able to develop a comprehensive differential diagnosis.
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic testing that may include pulmonary function testing, pleural fluid analysis, and others.
- Apply clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis and treatment in order to improve patient outcomes.
Post-Test and Evaluation:
After completing the CME activity, you must successfully complete a post-test and fill out a program evaluation form. You will then be able to view and print your CME certificate.
Roger D. Seheult, MD
Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine
Beaver Medical Group, Redlands, CA
Associate Clinical Professor
UC Riverside School of Medicine, Riverside, CA
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Loma Linda University School of Medicine
Loma Linda, CA
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Continuing Education Company, Inc. and MedCram, LLC. Continuing Education Company, Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Education Company, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC: Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
To receive CME credit and/or MOC points, you MUST complete the activity and the evaluation form. For ABIM MOC points, your information will be shared with the ABIM through the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS). Please allow 6-8 weeks for your MOC points to appear on your ABIM records.
AAPA: AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 16 hours of Category I credit for completing this activity.
AANPCP: The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Release Date: 7/25/2019
Expiration Date: 7/25/2022 (Date after which this enduring material is no longer certified for credit.)
Medium: Enduring Material, Video/Audio
Faculty/Planning Committee Disclosures
The following individuals have indicated that he/she (nor spouse/partner) have no relevant financial relationships with a commercial interest that may impact upon this CME activity:
- Ronald Jendry, MD – Reviewer
- Walter Ejnes, CHCP - Reviewer & Planning Committee (Continuing Education Company)
- Beth Townsend, HMCC – Reviewer (Continuing Education Company)
- Sarah Lundquist- Galloway – Instructional Designer (Continuing Education Company)
- Kyle Allred, PA-C – Planner & Content Developer (MedCram)
Roger Seheult, MD (Faculty) discloses that he is a consultant for Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Unlabeled Use Declaration:
During their presentation, faculty may discuss unlabeled or investigational use which is not approved for a commercial product. Faculty members are required to disclose this information to the audience when referring to an unlabeled or investigational use.
Statement of Disclosure and Independence:
It is the policy of Continuing Education Company (CEC) to ensure all of its accredited educational activities are designed, implemented, and evaluated in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s (ACCME) Criteria and Policies. In accordance with ACCME requirements, CEC has Conflict of Interest (COI) and Disclosure Policies that are designed to ensure that accredited educational activities are fair, balanced, independent, evidence based, and based on scientific rigor.
All individuals who are in position to influence and/or control content of a CEC accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) activity must disclose any relevant financial interest or other relationships which they or their spouse/partner have with (a) with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services discussed in an educational presentation and (b) with any commercial supporters of the activity. (Relevant financial interest or other relationship includes such things as grants or research support, employee, consultant, major stockholder, member of speakers’ bureau, etc.) The intent of this disclosure is to provide activity participants with information to determine whether the speaker’s interests or relationships may influence the presentation with regard to exposition or conclusions. All potential conflicts of interest have been identified and resolved, and are listed above.
The opinions, ideas, recommendations, and perspectives expressed in the syllabus and accompanying presentations at this activity are those of the program authors and presenting faculty only and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, ideas, recommendations or perspectives of their affiliated institutions, Continuing Education Company, advisory boards or consultants.
Flash Player 10 or later, and one of the following browsers:
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome (latest version), Opera 9.5 and later
- Mac: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome (latest version)
- Linux: Firefox 1.x and later
HTML5 via one of the following browsers:
- Windows: Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 6.0.5 or later, Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 6 or later
Roger Seheult M.D. is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP16824. This course is approved for 16 CE contact hours.
LISA HADORN, NP
JAMES REED, MD
LEWIS LITWACK, MD
OLGA VARTZIOTI, MD
HUMBERTO RIOS, MD
Good review, easy way to have mental template for causes and treatments
BING CHEN, MD
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ ARCAS, MD
MALIK SHAHID, MD
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio