A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF INFLUENZA
Dr. Seheult illustrates the types, diagnosis, vaccines, & compares the treatment options.
What you'll receive from this course:
- An understanding of the main types of flu (A,B, & C)
- An overview of typical signs and symptoms
- An explanation of what's in the annual vaccine?
- Methods for diagnosing Influenza
- A comparison of treatment options: oseltamivir, zanamivir, & peramivir.
- A post-video quiz to reinforce essential concepts
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek to understand influenza infection.
- Influenza Explained Clearly
THOMAS CHANG, MD
MARCELINE DAO-AS, RN
JOHN LOCK, MD
good primer, please update as needed
KATE ROSENBECK, NP
This course was clear and concise.
MedCram Team always presents with well thought out course flow for best retention. Provides source data as they work through lessons, while reminding us to source our source data.
MICHAEL JAROSICK, MD
What was said was very clearly explained. However, I think some important detail was omitted. Who can be treated vs who should be treated was not addressed; nor was consideration of risk/benefit ratio of side effects to expected clinical improvement. The video implied that everybody with flu (in allowed age groups) should be treated. Also, how long it takes for the more sensitive test was not stated. How about the role of clinical diagnosis without testing? I would also like to have seen statement about relatively low frequency of vomiting compared to respiratory and febrile symptoms.
CRAIG ROBINSON, PA-C
Clear concise and easily understood.
IAN GAKUYA (Medical Student)
Great video and content. Was hoping to get an understanding of the morphology of the influenza virus and it's pathogenesis.
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience as both an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio