A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF INFLUENZA
Dr. Seheult illustrates the types, diagnosis, vaccines, & compares the treatment options.
What you'll receive from this course:
- An understanding of the main types of flu (A,B, & C)
- An overview of typical signs and symptoms
- An explanation of what's in the annual vaccine?
- Methods for diagnosing Influenza
- A comparison of treatment options: oseltamivir, zanamivir, & peramivir.
- A post-video quiz to reinforce essential concepts
Who is this course for?
Students and medical professionals in a variety of medical fields. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, & technicians who seek to understand influenza infection.
- Influenza Explained Clearly Video
- Influenza Quiz
KATHERINE BIALKA, PA-C
MICHELLE POURTABIB, MD
It would be useful on the test to include both the generic AND the brand name of the medications. (You may find that the quiz results will be much higher)
YOONIE JO, NP
SANDRA RAMIREZ, PA-C
MELANIE GUILLORY (NP Student)
THOMAS FRANKLIN, MD
NATAN KHOTIANOV, MD
ROBERT BADE, Paramedic
MARCELINE DAO-AS, RN
Good review of influenza
MARK GROHMAN, MD
LISA ISRAEL (NP Student)
ASHLEY CHEUN, NP
MICHAEL JAROSICK, MD
What was said was very clearly explained. However, I think some important detail was omitted. Who can be treated vs who should be treated was not addressed; nor was consideration of risk/benefit ratio of side effects to expected clinical improvement. The video implied that everybody with flu (in allowed age groups) should be treated. Also, how long it takes for the more sensitive test was not stated. How about the role of clinical diagnosis without testing? I would also like to have seen statement about relatively low frequency of vomiting compared to respiratory and febrile symptoms.
TAMMY ALVERSON, MD
Great Review! Thank-you :)
PABLO VEGA (Medical Student)
MANUEL SUAREZ, MD
Well done on very frequent topic.
TAHEREH MOHEB, MD
SAMUEL BAKER, RN
ROMY AGUINALDO, MD
JULIE NYHUS (NP Student)
HARSHA SAMARAJIWA, MD
MICHAEL AMOSU, PA-C
It's good, other than medications, unless you have knowledge of the flu medications.
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ ARCAS, MD
LORETTA CRAWFORD (Nursing Student)
BERNARD ONYENZE, Pharmacist
SEYED VAHID TABATABAEI
SASHA PRYER, NP
KATE ROSENBECK, NP
BARCLAY MILTON, NP
ANH VAN HO, NP
Very easy to understand. Good pace.
BILL KILPATRICK, NP
PRADNYA VAKIL, PA-C
TARA SCHULTZ, NP
JOANITA MAISON, NP
BONNIE COBURN, NP
KRISTINE EHLERS, NP
KELLY BRYANT, NP
ROBERT SHIREY, PA
Excellent concise thorough course. Thank you
- Quadruple Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- Over 20 years teaching experience including: as an exam preparation instructor and an assistant professor of medicine.
- Experience as a medical director for both a Southern California Physician Assistant Program and a Respiratory Therapy Program.
Click here for full bio