CONFIDENTLY PERFORM & INTERPRET THE FAST ULTRASOUND EXAM
Need to learn FAST for your job or rotation in the trauma or emergency setting? Looking to improve your FAST technique & efficiency?
In FAST Exam Explained Clearly, ultrasound expert & ED physician Joshua Jacquet, MD illustrates a straightforward system that will have you performing FAST & Extended FAST Exams efficiently and accurately.
The Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma (FAST) has become an integral part of a trauma survey, and is performed immediately after the primary survey of the ATLS protocol…
… and for good reasons: FAST achieves similar results in detecting hemoperitoneum as both CT scan and diagnostic peritoneal lavage, but is faster, cheaper, and avoids radiation or an invasive procedure.
Additionally, the Extended FAST Exam (EFAST) will detect hemopericardium, hemothorax, & pneumothorax.
Many trauma patients have internal injuries that are not apparent on physical exam. A properly performed EFAST identifies significant bleeding into the peritoneal, pleural, or pericardial spaces and expedite a potentially life-saving intervention.
Watch this video series now for a clear and enjoyable approach to mastering the FAST & EFAST bedside Exams.
WHAT YOU'll RECEIVE FROM THIS COURSE:
- Essential background info and indications for the FAST Exam
- A clear & concise method for performing the 4 classic FAST windows (RUQ, LUQ, Pelvic, & Cardiac)
- Steps to effectively perform the EFAST Exam and assess the pleural space and lung sliding
- Tips & nuances for clinical application & additional point-of-care ultrasound uses (POCUS)
- How to assess for hemothorax and pneumothorax with numerous examples of each
- Quiz questions to reinforce core concepts and help you study.
- 5 trauma cases that Dr. Jacquet works through to expand your understanding
- 1 year of full unlimited access on up to 3 devices
Section 1: Overview and FAST Windows
- Welcome & Free Trial Info free trial
- Overview & Definition
- Quiz 1
- RUQ Window
- Quiz 2
- LUQ Window
- Quiz 3
- Pelvic Window
- Quiz 4
- Cardiac Window
- Quiz 5
Section 2: Hemoperitoneum & Hemopericardium
- Hemoperitoneum - RUQ (free trial) free trial
- Quiz 6
- Hemoperitoneum - LUQ
- Quiz 7
- Hemoperitoneum - Pelvis
- Quiz 8
- Quiz 9
Section 3: EFAST, Hemothorax, & Pneumothorax
- EFAST - Pleural Space
- Quiz 10
- Quiz 11
- EFAST - Pleura & Lung Sliding
- Quiz 12
- Pneumothorax (free trial) free trial
- Quiz 13 (free trial) free trial
Section 4: Clinical Application, Cases, & "SUSS IT"
- Clinical Application
- Quiz 14
- Trauma US Case 1
- Quiz 15
- Trauma US Case 2
- Quiz 16
- Trauma US Case 3
- Quiz 17
- Trauma US Case 4
- Quiz 18
- Trauma US Case 5
- Quiz 19
- "SUSS IT"
- Quiz 20
KAJAKULAN RAVEENDRAN, MD
Thank you for the information given
YASMIN CHEEMA, MD
LEARNED A LOT. EXCELLENT COURSE.
DECLAN ANAMEGE , MD
JOHN KOSZUTA, MD
ALAN CASHELL, MD
Thanks a bunch. I'm trying to incorporate ultrasound into an anatomy course for PA students but was never trained in it. Your course was a big help.
THEODORE SMITH, MD
DARO LARGOZA, MD
It is an interesting course.
It was easy to understand. I enjoyed it.
DOUGLAS TROWBRIDGE, Paramedic
looking forward to purchasing other videos!
MOHAMMED ALAIZARI, MD
Easy Informative Practical Up to date
Learn more about Joshua here